Explore digital enterprises and how they are used by sports organizations to create and provide content to consumers and to supplement the business of sports. Students examine a variety of integrated and converging platforms, focus on current digital technologies and channels of distribution, gain hands-on experience with a wide range of new media tools, and develop a framework to critically engage with various technological and cultural products.
Throughout the course, students will create an online digital resources board as well as a portfolio website that will highlight their skills and accomplishments and position themselves on their desired career trajectory in the sports industry.
Sample topics in this course include:
- An introduction to digital enterprises in sports
- Digital broadcast enterprises
- Engaging the digital consumer
- Digital sports sponsorship activations
- Digital technology, gameplay, virtual reality, and eSports
- Risk management
Sample assignment and projects can include:
- Portfolio website
- Interactive digital resources board
- A technology analysis
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Evaluate the economic impact of digital technology in the sports industry and identify potential new revenue streams.
- Examine a variety of digital technologies from the perspective of various stakeholders (leagues, teams, athletes, sponsors, broadcasters and companies) and their potential to provide content.
- Identify an organization’s digital needs and provide recommendations to increase consumer engagement.
- Develop strategies to support the financial, social, and environmental sustainability of sports enterprises.
- Appreciate how digital technology can create an entrepreneurial mindset.
Click here for the official course description from the American University Catalog.
Learn more today. Call us at 855-725-7614 to speak to an admissions adviser, or request more information here.