The Innovative New Program for 21st-Century HR Professionals
Discover the power an online master of science program generates for human resource management executives to solve today’s organizational challenges.
HR professionals are now reliant on technology to interact with employees and handle processes — a transformation in delivery services referred to as e-HR — and they require an urgent change in how they manage their roles.
American University developed the online Master of Science in Human Resource Analytics and Management degree for HR employees to successfully drive wellness programs, create benefit portals, and engage employees at a higher rate. The program is rooted in the science of how employees make decisions and use HR technology, so you understand how to evaluate human resource analytics from emergent technologies and influence decisions. It ensures you’re comfortable using data analytics and human resources to enhance an organization’s productivity.
Learning Objectives in Human Resource Analytics
Lead your company and shape the future of the industry when you learn new HR technologies and the key concepts and methods to implement them.
- Improve HR initiatives when you combine data analytics and human resources
- Increase human workplace performance through new technologies and trends
- Establish fair performance analytics for employees, teams, workgroups, and industries through critical analysis
- Solve complex and sensitive HR issues quickly with new strategic proficiencies
- Assess performance of internal and external agency initiatives to better define roles
- Create an inclusive human resource decision-making process when you assess the importance of issues in integrity, accountability, diversity, and inclusion
- Strengthen organizational governance when you evaluate the system through human resource analytics
American University collaborated closely with an advisory council of expert HR professionals to develop curriculum around solid HR practices and the emergent technologies and analytical skills needed at the executive level in HR.
The MS in Human Resource Analytics and Management degree is a 12-course, 36-credit program that can be completed in 24 months.
- Develop Stronger HR Programs. Learn how your employees process information and make decisions when using interactive HR portals with cutting-edge courses in design thinking and evaluation sciences.
- Design Engaging Online Initiatives. Gain the knowledge and control needed to design your next online initiative, or improve the one you have with state-of-the-art classes on how to use emerging HR technologies.
- Enhance HR Plan Development. Improve the implementation, measurement and evaluation of your plans with advanced classes in research skills and project management.
By the end of the program, you’ll be comfortable using human resource analytics and technologies to direct the development of HR programs.
A Human Resource Analytics and Management certificate that focuses on informed decision-making through human resource analytics and technologies is also available. This 12-credit, four-course program can be completed in just six to eight months, and counts as a third of the MS degree if you should choose to pursue the full MS program. Learn more here.
American University has recently partnered with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) to also offer two non-credit professional development courses:
- Learning Certification Preparation for the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP [Available February 5, 2018]
- Essentials of Human Resources [Available February 19, 2018]
These courses combine professional development and subject matter expertise to provide additional experience for a developing HR professional. Learn more here.
91 % of American University students with graduate degrees find jobs or go on to further studies.
Currently, there are over 1 million positions available to HR professionals with a master’s degree dedicated to HR, and another 250,000 replacement positions opening through 2024.1 The market is strong and growing, especially for those who exhibit proven skills in emergent technologies, data analytics and human resources. They’re seen as thought leaders who can solve industry issues with sound strategy while maintaining the human element of the field.
To learn more about the executive positions in HR, click here.
Rankings and Accreditation
U.S. News & World Report, America’s Best Colleges, 2018.
- No. 69, Best National University
- No. 35 Best Colleges for Veterans
- No. 61, Best Value Schools
Princeton Review, Best Colleges, 2018.
- No. 3, College Gets High Marks
- Among the 382 Best Colleges
- A Best Northeastern College
- No. 18, Top 50 Green Colleges
Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
Faculty for this innovative program were carefully selected to provide you learning opportunities from proven thought leaders with global experience. Their expertise in technology, conflict resolution, cultural communications, and ethics expands your skill set and provides immediate solutions to your current HR challenges.
Align your education to the immediate and future needs of the HR industry with the Master of Science in Human Resource Analytics and Management from American University. Learn more now, or call 855-725-7614.