If you’re a numbers and budgeting person, you may be interested in the annual financial report from the U.S. Treasury Department. It’s the official source regarding the country’s money.
The graphic below highlights how the United States government spends, earns and saves its dollars. The big players in government finances are loans, taxes and Treasury notes, bonds, and bills. With figures from the latest 2015 report, the graphic shows:
- Why the county had a budget deficit of $439 Billion and a Net Operating Cost of $520 Billion last year
- Which departments cost the most to operate
- The biggest sources of the country’s revenue
- The federal government’s assets
- Financial instruments and liabilities
Click on this image to enlarge the infographic: