Enhance Organizations Through Data-Driven Instructional Design
Today’s organizations are investing in learning, instructional design, and talent development projects to enhance their effectiveness and fulfill compliance requirements. American University’s online MS in Instructional Design and Learning Analytics equips students with the skills to manage these programs by applying and adapting proven analytic methodologies to improve learning. You will graduate ready to improve training methods and talent evaluation in organizations of all kinds to meet the changing talent development needs in sectors that include:
- Higher Education
This flexible, fully online program was developed in consultation with an advisory council of current instructional design and talent development professionals to ensure that it reflects the most current thinking and research in instructional design.
In this 24-month, 36-credit program, you will:
- Identify and apply best practices in instructional design.
- Evaluate a variety of adult learning theories and compare their strengths and weaknesses.
- Identify appropriate descriptive, prescriptive, and evaluative analytic approaches for learning.
- Evaluate and assess learning initiatives for effectiveness and ROI.
- Create strategies for improving the planning, implementation, and management of strategic learning initiatives based on analytics.
- Examine technological alternatives and trends to measuring and evaluating learning.
- Assess the importance of integrity, accountability, and diversity in effecting virtual teams and projects.
- Develop strategic problem-solving proficiencies for complex and sensitive learning and development issues impacting an organization, industry, or business unit.
Thrive in a Growing Field
According to the US Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics, occupations related to a master’s degree in instructional design and learning analytics will have 280,400 estimated job openings due to replacement from 2014-2024 and an additional 170,000 new jobs that will be created by 2024. This amounts to 450,400 total job openings through 2024.1
Nearly all occupations related to learning analytics and instructional design management are expected to grow at above the national average projected growth, making the field a promising one for ongoing career satisfaction and advancement.
|Job Title||Median Salary2|
|Chief Learning Officer||$132,286|
|Chief Compliance Officer||$112,964|
|Organizational Development Manager||$86,226|
|Learning Management Systems Analyst||$63,856|
Rankings and Accreditations
U.S. News & World Report (2018)
- No. 69 National University
- No. 35 Best Colleges for Veterans
- No. 61 Best Value Schools
Princeton Review Best Colleges 2018
- A Best Northeastern College
- No. 18 Green College
- Among the 382 Best Overall Colleges
American University is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and recognized by the University Senate of the United Methodist Church.
American University also offers a 12-credit online Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design and Learning Analytics. The program consists of four of the core courses from the Master’s in Instructional Design and Learning Analytics. Should you opt for this program of study, you can later apply the credits from your certificate toward completion of the Master’s program.
Expand Your Future in Instructional Design
To learn more about American University’s online Master’s in Instructional Design and Learning Analytics, call 855.725.7614 to speak with an admissions adviser or request more information.