Master the Agile Approach to Complex Projects
As they strive to react more effectively to change and uncertainty, a growing number of organizations have turned to the Agile methodology. This approach has become prevalent in product development and project management across many industry sectors as a way to enhance organizational effectiveness. American University’s online MS in Agile Project Management is one of the only master’s degrees available today that focuses on the Agile methodology. You will graduate ready to manage projects and to lead and empower collaborative teams using this essential, forward-looking approach.
BECOME WORKFORCE-READY WITH THE PROFESSIONAL STUDIES EXPERIENCE
The online MS in Agile Project Management program delivers the skills employers look for when hiring. To ensure students have that knowledge and understanding, we have built a four-phase curriculum model or framework called the Professional Studies Experience (PSE).
This model has been applied to the Agile Project Management master's degree, featuring courses with professionally aligned class work, as well as required courses that foster a broader skill set that employers have identified as relevant and valuable.
COURSES ALIGNED WITH YOUR FUTURE PROFESSION
Students receive advanced training focusing on building workplace skills in communication, teamwork, ethical decision-making, innovation, and emerging technologies. Students gain cross-cultural competencies and collaborative skills essential for success in the 21st-century global knowledge economy.
Going beyond the reach of a standard master's degree, AU's curriculum offers a high-caliber education in Agile Project Management that is relevant and immediately applicable to the workplace.
DEVELOPED BY EXPERTS AT THE TOP OF THEIR INDUSTRY
This flexible, fully online program was designed with input from leading IT and project management professionals. It will give you the professional skills to lead the development of innovative solutions as an Agile project manager.
In this 20-month, 30-credit program, you will:
- Develop a project management life cycle for enterprises, programs and/or projects relevant to their risk and volatility and engage multiple stakeholders across the enterprise.
- Execute adaptive project management including planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing using a blend of methodologies and integrated approaches.
- Compare project management techniques (project planning, project communications, cost and schedule estimation and control, contracting, and risk and quality analyses) using traditional plan-driven and nontraditional value-driven approaches.
- Evaluate and use advanced tools for project cost estimation and control, task scheduling, tracking, and templates for project management communication.
- Assess and create the strategic planning and governance applicable to large and smaller projects and programs.
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge and practice of ethics and professional responsibility.
- Demonstrate effective leadership, communication, and change skills for managing projects, project teams, and stakeholders.
92% of American University’s master's graduates are working in the field, in graduate school or both within six months.
EXPLORE PROJECT MANAGEMENT CAREERS
This degree positions you to lead in innovative and emerging organizations. Take advantage of a strong job market that includes more than 4.5 million positions available to individuals with a master’s degree in project management.1
|Job Title||Median Pay2|
|IT Senior Project Manager||$110,702|
|IT Project Manager||$84,725|
|Senior Business Analyst||$82,406|
Rankings and Accreditations
U.S. News & World Report (2018)
- No. 69, Best National University
- No. 35 Best Colleges for Veterans
- No. 61 Best Value Schools
Princeton Review Best Colleges (2018)
- A Best Northeastern College
- No. 18, Top 50 Green Colleges
- Among the 382 Best Overall Colleges
Rankings & Accreditation
American University is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and recognized by the University Senate of the United Methodist Church.
American University also offers a 12-credit online Graduate Certificate in Agile Project Management. The program consists of four of the core courses from the Master’s in Agile Project Management degree. Should you opt for this program of study, you can later apply the credits from your certificate toward completion of the MS in Agile Project Management.
Lead Effective Projects Using Agile Methodology
To learn more about American University’s online Master’s in Agile Project Management, call 855.725.7614 to speak with an admissions adviser or request more information.