Help Your Organization Fulfill its Mission
Now more than ever, organizations seek more accountability for the funds they provide to development projects. Organizations understand they are more likely to receive future funding if they can deliver and show results. That’s why employees who have specialized Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) skills are in demand. This specialized knowledge helps to assess a project’s performance and its lasting impact.
Project managers and program evaluators are needed in nearly every professional industry and sector, including the corporate world, government, global development, and the nonprofit sector. The online Graduate Certificate in Project Monitoring and Evaluation from American University provides you with the critical skillset necessary to design and implement program-based Monitoring and Evaluation to make a difference within the social impact sector. In under a year you will gain the skills necessary to advance your career in project monitoring and evaluation.
Prepare for a High-Level Career Domestically or Abroad
Advance your social impact career both domestically and abroad utilizing these specialized and in-demand skills. In as little as six months, you will be able to:
- Comprehend and create a Logical Framework (Logframe or Results Framework) for improving the planning, implementation, management, monitoring, and evaluation of projects.
- Assess monitoring plans, performance evaluation designs, impact evaluation designs, and /or Evaluation Statements of Work (SOW).
- Examine and demonstrate the use of qualitative and/or quantitative tools used to collect data for formative and summative evaluations.
- Appreciate the role of governance, both of self and others, in data and project evaluation.
The American University Difference
When you earn your Graduate Certificate in Project Monitoring and Evaluation from American University, you will master the most current M&E methodologies taught by top industry experts, as well as gain access to:
- Development practitioners with more than 20 years of experience
- Guest speakers from all over the world
- Real-world donor experiences
- Experience with practical application of impact testing and program evaluation
- An international development perspective on M&E
- A course environment that encourages practice under the supervision of development practitioner faculty
- Opportunities to design a LogFrame, Evaluation SOW, and a monitoring and evaluation plan
Monitoring & Evaluation Master’s Degree
American University also now offers a Master of Science in Measurement and Evaluation to provide you with the knowledge to lead these evaluation efforts and the technical skills needed for analytically demanding roles in upper management. The program consists of 8 additional courses (12 courses total) and can be completed within 24-months. Learn more about the Master’s program.
To learn more about American University’s online Graduate Certificate in Project Monitoring and Evaluation, request more information or call us toll free at 855-725-7614.