Help Your Organization Fulfill its Mission
Now more than ever, funding organizations seek more accountability for the funds they provide to development projects. Development organizations understand they are more likely to receive future funding if they can deliver and show results. That’s why employees who have specialized Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) skills are in demand. This specialized knowledge helps to assess a project’s performance and its lasting impact.
Project managers and program evaluators are needed in nearly every professional industry and sector, including the corporate world, government, global development, and the nonprofit sector. The online Graduate Certificate in Project Monitoring and Evaluation from American University provides you with the critical skillset necessary to design and implement program-based Monitoring and Evaluation to make a difference within the social impact sector. In under a year you will gain the skills necessary to advance your career.
A Dean’s Scholarship is available to a limited number of students who apply to the program by application deadline and are accepted. Scholarship recipients will save over $6,000 in tuition throughout the course of the program.
Prepare for a High-Level Career Domestically or Abroad
Advance your social impact career both domestically and abroad utilizing these specialized and in-demand skills. In as little as six months, you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of project monitoring as it relates to program management, outputs, outcomes, impacts, and sustainability
- Know how to communicate successfully and build relationships with stakeholders and funders
- Determine how to evaluate a project and utilize appropriate project management methodologies and M&E techniques
- Recognize the similarities, differences, and use of qualitative, quantitative, and mixed method approaches
- Learn qualitative data collection methods such as how to conduct a focus group or interview
- Learn quantitative data collection methods such as how to design a questionnaire and how to use software to analyze quantitative data
- Understand how to construct a Logical Framework (LogFrame), Performance Monitoring Plan, and Evaluation Statement of Work (SOW), including identifying relevant indicators, data sources, and risks
- Acquire familiarity with the varying requirements of major funders
- Know how to follow a project through to completion and understand the role of M&E throughout the different phases of a project life cycle
- Prepare for the challenges associated with, and successful strategies for, collecting M&E data in developing countries
- Understand the relationship between project monitoring and community development
The American University Difference
When you earn your Graduate Certificate in Project Monitoring and Evaluation from American University, you will master the most current M&E methodologies taught by top industry experts, as well as gain access to:
- Development practitioners with more than 20 years of experience
- Guest speakers from all over the world
- Real-world donor experiences
- Experience with practical application of impact testing and program evaluation
- An international development perspective on M&E
- A course environment that encourages practice under the supervision of development practitioner faculty
- Opportunities to design a LogFrame, Evaluation SOW, and a monitoring and evaluation plan
To learn more about American University’s online Graduate Certificate in Project Monitoring and Evaluation and eligibility for the Dean's Scholarship, request more information or call us toll free at 855-725-7614.