At American University, intelligent, passionate and engaged students and faculty focus on using knowledge to bring about meaningful change. Our historic academic strengths in international service and public affairs draw from our sense of social responsibility and a commitment to cultural and intellectual diversity. We’re defined by our global outlook, practical idealism and a true passion for public service.
Founded in 1893, American University was chartered by Congress as a national university. We’re home to some of the most prestigious faculty in the world – many are highly acclaimed and used as resources by several news media outlets, including:
- The New York Times
- Los Angeles Times
- Washington Post
- Fox News
Other notable distinctions:
- 89 percent of 2012 graduates with master's degrees are employed, pursuing an advanced degree, or both within six months of graduation.
- Named by PRWeek Magazine as an Honorable Mention for Best PR Education Program of the year (2013).
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
- Kogod School of Business: Accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
- Famous for political activism: Since 2006, American University’s students have been recognized in the top 5 of the “most politically active” category in the nation by the Princeton Review.
Learn more about American University’s history and traditions. Call us toll-free at 855-725-7614 and speak to one of our Admissions Advisers, or request more information.