Master the Science of Measurement and Transform Your Career
The ability to effectively evaluate projects, programs and processes is becoming increasingly essential to organizational success today. American University's online Master of Science (MS) in Measurement & Evaluation provides you with the knowledge to lead these evaluation efforts and the technical skills needed for analytically demanding roles in upper management.
This flexible online degree program builds your expertise in the measurement and evaluation of project management effectiveness and prepares you to make a difference in your organization immediately.
When you study at American University, you also benefit from superior educational rigor and networking opportunities. In fact, 92.5 percent of graduate degree holders find jobs or go on to further studies. Recent rankings for American University include:
U.S. News and World Report (2016)
- No. 72 National University
- No. 60 Best Colleges for Veterans
Princeton Review Best Colleges 2016
- A Best Northeastern College
- No. 7 Green College
- Among the 380 Best Overall Colleges
This degree can prepare you for the more than 27,000 positions requiring data evaluation or program evaluation skills1 that were posted in 2015 alone. In addition, social science positions in the D.C. area are projected to grow by 29 percent from 2010 to 2020, and 19 percent nationwide.2 Among the positions this degree prepares you for are a variety of lucrative analyst and management roles:
- Management Analyst — $81,320
- Operations Research Analyst — $78,630
- Top Executives — $102,690
-Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2016 Occupational Outlook Handbook
Become a Project Evaluation Expert
This master's degree, which is multidisciplinary in content and orientation, emphasizes practical assessment needs in corporate, nonprofit and governmental environments. It is ideal for career-changers and mid-career professionals in technical fields who wish to develop the skills in project evaluation that can increase the effectiveness of interventions and maximize the impact of limited resources.
At the conclusion of this 24-month, 36-credit program, you will have the skills to:
- Comprehend and create a Logical Framework (Logframe or Results Framework) for improving the planning, implementation, management, monitoring, and evaluation of projects.
- Assess monitoring plans, performance evaluation designs, impact evaluation designs, economic evaluation designs, and/or Evaluation Statements of Work (SOW).
- Comprehend a needs assessment.
- Design an intervention that meets the identified needs.
- Examine and demonstrate the use of performance and impact evaluation tools, both qualitative and quantitative, to evaluate relevant project data.
- Assess emerging trends in the global workplace and the impacts of ever-changing technologies.
- Understand the value of ethical, intercultural, and agency/client/stakeholder relationships.
- Establish professional consulting relationships with all project stakeholders by demonstrating leadership skills and using appropriate correspondence channels.
- Appreciate the role of governance, both of self and of others, in data and program evaluation.
This experiential, project-oriented monitoring & evaluation master's degree was developed by active practitioners with more than 20 years of industry experience. The curriculum was crafted in collaboration with an advisory council of leading practitioners in project planning and evaluation across a variety of fields, including those from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), U.S. Office of Strategic Planning and Program, World Health Organization (WHO), and United Nations Development Programs (UNDP). Their input on integral competencies, standards, and industry trends ensures that this curriculum is relevant, applicable, and in demand in the workplace.
Online Graduate Certificate Available
Expand your skillset quickly with an online Graduate Certificate in Project Management & Evaluation. In 6-8 months, gain critical knowledge through four courses focused on principles of evaluation, qualitative and quantitative research methods, and evaluation approaches & designs.
1Burning Glass Labor Insights, 11/2014-10/2015
2Carnevale, Anthony, et al. (June 2013). Recovery: Job Growth and Education Requirements through 2020. Washington, DC: Georgetown University Center on Education and the Workforce
Secure Your Future by Mastering Evaluation
To learn more about American University's online MS in Measurement & Evaluation, request more information or contact an admissions advisor at 855-725-7614.