Gain hands-on field experience and earn three credits toward your degree with a strategic communications internship. Build on your studies while engaging in real-world strategic communications at an approved employer of your choosing.
Available during the summer term, your COMM-691 internship will provide the opportunity to earn elective credits while working and completing academic course components.
- Students must work for their internship employer for a minimum of 210 total hours over the summer term to qualify for 3 credits; the number of weeks worked is flexible.
- Only 3-credit internships are allowed in the MASC graduate program.
- The internship must be substantive with significant opportunities to engage in strategic communication work; positions that are primarily administrative do not qualify.
- All internships must be approved by the faculty member supervising the internship course and the Program Director for the Online MA in Strategic Communication program.
- This is a graded course, with an academic component and a final evaluation from the internship agency used in calculating the final grade.
- Students should notify the Student Services Coordinator, Steve Zollman (firstname.lastname@example.org), as soon as they know they would like to register so she can work in advance to arrange a space in the course.
- Students must be in Good Academic Standing per AU's Graduate Academic Regulations to register for internship credit.
- Students must complete Principles (COMM-640), Writing (COMM-644), and Research (COMM-738) before registering for internship credit.
- A completed and signed registration form must be submitted by the deadline. See registration deadlines.
Learn more today. Call us at 855-725-7614 to speak to an admissions representative, or request more information here.