Today's communication professionals are required to understand the integral roles digital and social strategies play for organizations. This course prepares strategic communication students to obtain certification in social media monitoring and digital analytics platforms, such as Meltwater and Google Analytics.
Students will also learn the theory and strategy of digital and social measurement. Topics include using data to craft communications planning, messaging, and campaigns.
Upon completion of the course, you will:
- Understand how digital and social media analytics can be used to guide the strategic communications process best suited for a client/company, the problem/opportunity, and the audiences to be addressed.
- Use Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to identify strategic insights and instincts that are at the heart of any successful digital and social media campaign.
- Gain a deeper awareness of how to evaluate the success or failure of an influencer campaign through analysis.
- Enhance ethical judgment for the use of digital and social data.
- Digital and social analytics for strategic communication
- Digital and social media listening vs. monitoring
- Using KPIs and insights to protect and enhance brand reputation
- Vetting influencers across social and digital channels
- Using data to craft and evaluate communication campaigns
- Using the PESO model for content mapping and management
- Aligning digital and social strategies with ethical codes and brand values
- Using digital and social analytics platforms (e.g., Meltwater, Hootsuite, and Google Analytics)
- Digital and social media influencer campaign
- Industry-recognized certifications in Meltwater, Hootsuite, and Google Analytics platforms
- Social media calendar development based on analytics research
- Discussion of the differences between digital and social media monitoring and listening
Read the official course description at the American University Catalog.
Note: The content presented on this page is representative information for example purposes and is subject to change as courses and student needs change over time.
Learn more today about the Digital Communication Strategies and Analytics concentration. Call us at 855-725-7614 to speak to an admissions advisor or request more information.