Master the Agile Approach to Complex Projects
As they strive to react more effectively to change and uncertainty, a growing number of organizations have turned to the Agile methodology. This approach has become prevalent in product development and project management across many industry sectors as a way to enhance organizational effectiveness. American University’s online MS in Agile Project Management is one of the only master’s degrees available today that focuses on the Agile methodology. You will graduate ready to manage projects and to lead and empower collaborative teams using this essential, forward-looking approach.
This flexible, fully online program was designed with input from leading IT and project management professionals. It will give you the professional skills to lead the development of innovative solutions as an Agile project manager.
In this 24-month, 36-credit program, you will:
- Develop a project management life cycle for enterprises, programs and/or projects relevant to their risk and volatility and engage multiple stakeholders across the enterprise.
- Execute adaptive project management including planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing using a blend of methodologies and integrated approaches.
- Compare project management techniques (project planning, project communications, cost and schedule estimation and control, contracting, and risk and quality analyses) using traditional plan-driven and nontraditional value-driven approaches.
- Evaluate and use advanced tools for project cost estimation and control, task scheduling, tracking, and templates for project management communication.
- Assess and create the strategic planning and governance applicable to large and smaller projects and programs.
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge and practice of ethics and professional responsibility.
- Demonstrate effective leadership, communication, and change skills for managing projects, project teams, and stakeholders.
Explore Project Management Careers
This degree positions you to lead in innovative and emerging organizations. Take advantage of a strong job market that includes more than 4.5 million positions available to individuals with a master’s degree in project management.1
|Job Title||Median Pay2|
|IT Senior Project Manager||$110,702|
|IT Project Manager||$84,725|
|Senior Business Analyst||$82,406|
Rankings and Accreditations
U.S. News & World Report (2017)
- No. 74 National University
- No. 44 Best Colleges for Veterans
- No. 66 Best Value Schools
Princeton Review Best Colleges 2017
- A Best Northeastern College
- No. 18 Green College
- Among the 381 Best Overall Colleges
American University is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and recognized by the University Senate of the United Methodist Church.
Lead Effective Projects Using Agile Methodology
To learn more about American University’s online Master’s in Agile Project Management, call 855.725.7614 to speak with an admissions adviser or request more information.