If you’re a numbers and budgeting person, you may be interested in the annual financial report from the U.S. Treasury Department. It’s the official source regarding the country’s money.
The graphic below highlights how the United States government spends, earns and saves its dollars. The big players in government finances are loans, taxes and Treasury notes, bonds, and bills. With figures from the latest 2015 report, the graphic shows:
- Why the county had a budget deficit of $439 Billion and a Net Operating Cost of $520 Billion last year
- Which departments cost the most to operate
- The biggest sources of the country’s revenue
- The federal government’s assets
- Financial instruments and liabilities
Click on this image to enlarge the infographic:
American University’s online Master of Public Administration and Policy can help you understand how federal agencies spend money and how they inter-relate so that you can better advise and develop policies for causes you care about.
Learn more about American University’s online Master of Public Administration and Policy, request more information or call us toll free at 855-725-7614.